|TERRA VENTURE ENVIRONMENT|
|You are here: - Where / Universe / Terra Venture / Environment|
? The hemispherical coverings for all of Terra Venture's domes were transparent from the outside and yet a day or night sky from within; although a unidirectional sky hologram could have been in effect, stars could be seen straight through domes - that is, a view through one side of the dome, through the interior of the dome, and out the other side, an impossibility if such holograms had been in use.
- In all normal circumstances, the climate of Terra Venture remained in a comfortable range, never appearing hot or cold; no evidence was shown for any change of seasons.
- Referring to a tree with orange fruit in the Science Division, Kai said these rare specimens would be planted in the Forest Dome, and the temperature and humidity had to remain constant; there were future conditions depending on natural conditions of the New World once they found it.
- Later, the sky in the city dome darkened, and lightning and thunder flashed in the sky as an unscheduled rainstorm roared overhead and the wind picked up; Kai rushed to Command Headquarters to discover that Leo had caused it.
- It was raining very lightly when Maya was working at the horse stable, but it soon stopped.
- At night during Chillyfish's attack, the full moon was in the sky.
- When Chillyfish froze everyone in the colony, the systems shut down as well, though climate control and some power to the city still remained active.
- The Scorpion Stinger fired its tail blast at the tunnel connecting the Mountain Dome and another subdome, triggering an atmosphere loss in the Mountain Dome, and Stanton had the airlocks closed; at the other end of the tunnel, a massive, thick door lowered and sealed the tunnel shut.
- Some time in the evening, the orange sun was low on the horizon in the city dome, making one side of the sky orangish, and it would soon set, being replaced some time later by a night sky with a full moon.
- Around 7:00 in the evening, there was still daylight as Maya and Shondra reminisced in a tree, and the sun would later set.
- The sun rose through the sky in the morning as well.
- An image of the bright sun was in the sky above the Mountain Dome.
- Inside a subdome, Captain Mutiny's two hovering dinghies rippled into sight from beyond the sky hologram right behind a multi-story house-like building.
- Seeing snow around him in Hexuba's nightmare world, Leo realized it had to be a dream, implying that snow was impossible on Terra Venture.
- Late at night after the resurrected monster invasion and Hexuba's destruction, Stanton privately met with Renier, having brought Mike and Kai.
- Asked by Renier for any news, Stanton said they had just discovered their fuel reserves had been tainted, with only one or two days left; how the fuel had been tainted is unknown, although one monster had apparently gone unchecked in the Industrial Dome during the resurrected monster invasion.
- Once they lost engine power, they would lose their systems one by one until there was nothing left; when the environmental controls shut down, the colony would freeze, and nothing would survive.
- Directly over the center of the city, a very tall glass skyscraper extended up to the top of the foggy white sky; suddenly, to reveal the New World, the sky began to vanish with a dying whine in an expanding radius, revealing the six support arches of the main city dome, and revealing space outside the dome.
- One half of the sky had a fuzzy red border at the receding edge of the hologram, and the other half was blue.
- Shadows fell upon the city below as the sky hologram, which had been providing light, receded.
- In the city dome as Terra Venture prepared its final descent for the planet, people began to notice a dull rumbling; suddenly, the sky flickered out, and in space directly overhead, the Scorpion Stinger flew by.
- Soon, the sky was back.
- After the detached city dome's devastating crash-landing on Mirinoi's moon, an echoing cracking sound began in the city, and Damon watched stunned as he realized the dome was cracking; cracks were forming along the sky, and two white sky flakes drifted down, leaving black holes.
- Mike and Kai reported that they were losing atmospheric pressure, as the main dome was cracking faster than they could fix it.
- Stanton remarked, "This ship is dying. I don't want us to die with it!" and Renier agreed to evacuate the ship.
- A while later, there was more rumbling and cracking as cracks formed all over the dome sky.
? Mirinoi's moon apparently had a habitable atmosphere, yet the cracked city dome had been losing atmosphere.
? As the Rangers fought Trakeena, the sky was blue rather than cracked and transparent.